Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tinsel and Tassels

I had the time of my life last night!
I remeber the first time I heard the term bourlesque in Halifax. I must be at least 6yrs ago now, I was Belly dancing with Genies of the Mist, instructor Bernadette Dawson. Monique Ryan was in the same troupe as me, she is now my Hula Fitness instructor, as well she (Kitty LeCoque) and The Divine Miss C, of Pink Velvet Bourlesque put on last nights Tinsel and Tassels workshop.
We started by taking attendance and glueing pasties to our nipples, or pinning them to your shirt in the right location, I can say this was my first pasty experience. It was even more awesome than I ever imagined (and I have thought of this moment many of times). Breasts are fantastic things, they amaze me, why not put tassels on 'em. Bourlesque names we next up. I already have my bourlesque name, Mistress Kitten DeVille, the others picked from two envelopes first and last. We began by learning a Christmas Themed Go-Go Dance choreographed by Monique for the class to Sock It To Me by Santa-Bob Seger. It seemed as though Monique, I mean Kitty LeCoque was as excited as us for the evening. She even made a chart, color cordinated flow chart. On the left the break down of the song, marking chorus in hot pink, the guitar solo and a few other points. On the right, the moves color cordinated with the song breakdown. She put a lot of thought into it, and it worked we all learned a full Go-Go routine, approx 2.50mins and how to twirl tassels in under 2hours.
She taught us the moves, how to do them first, then she showed us what we were to do with out music, always refering to the handy chart. Next came running through all the steps a few times then we did it to music a few times. It was fun, easy and a fantastic work out. We were all sweating and smiling.
We took a break and then we got an introduction to the history of bourlesque and why she loves it by The Devine Miss C. Then it was shirts off. I thought the Go-Go was going to be the hard part. We learned, bouncing with arms down to make 'em spin outside, and with the arms to make 'em spin to the inside. punching the floor to make 'em go one at a time and a few other trade secrets.
Over all it was the best night I have had in a very long time.

Thank you Ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment