Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Journey with Jack!

Jack! how I got him
Jack! is my Motorcycle. He is a 1979 Yamaha XS400. He was THE bike back in the day. Most Torque in his class. To my knowledge Jack! has had only 2 other owners, the chick I bought him from had him for 15 yrs, and named him Jack! She bought him in Ontario in the 90's. Jessica said, he was cheaper than a plane ticket home to Nova Scotia. She drove him back and forth twice and down to Vermont once. She sold him to me for $600 bucks. He needed air in the tires, a new battery and fresh gas only. He fired up on the the second kick.
I was in love immediatly, I cried at the sound of his motor, as I hear it for the first time. I was in my glory, overwhelmed by fantasies of me riding my bike everywhere and back, I just couldn't believe something so amazing, so CHEAP fired up and would be ready to ride after a lil elbow grease was applied, Oh and ofcourse a make over.
I have had Jack! for 2 riding seasons. He has his issues, but what 31 yr old bike doesn't. He hates traffic, but loves long slow trips, his comfortable speed is 60km/h, but has reached speeds as high as 110km/h; going downhill, but it still counts. Last summer I put 1500kms on it, and I am currently pushing 1200 for this year already. I ride from when the snow melts to when it flies and stays.
Enjoy my journey with Jack!

Check out my Facebook album to see Jack transform
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=232754&id=598570593&l=bb059d1f32

No comments:

Post a Comment