Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Adventure

So, winter is coming. It's sucky to think about but there ain't much can be done about it. Just gotta start mentally preparing for the dark and cold that comes with winter, and don't even get me started on the weather!!

Every winter I seem to get into a funk, gain 10lbs and then come spring, when I snap outta the funk, I am stuck with 10lbs to get rid of. Last year I tried going to the gym, to get exercise, be social and to keep my energy levels up. It seemed like every 2 weeks I was sick with something new. My membership was only 6 months, Nov. to May. The last month and Dec. were both write offs. So really the membership was four months, I did see minimal results, but my heart wasn't in it. I didn't find it fun.

Years ago I beat the winter blues with belly dancing, I danced with the same troupe for several years, performing in the cities Fringe festival a few times at the Multi Cultural festival. I missed having fun while exercising. Lucky for me I stayed in touch with some girls from my belly dance troupe over the years and Monique now teaches her own variety of dance and fitness. This means she teaches Hula Hoop Fitness, Tricks and makes Hoops!

Today I just had my 7th class out of 12 with her, 1 hour every week. We have our own hoops to practice with. I drip sweat during every class, and hoop at least 5 hours a week at home. I love it, its fun and effective, and addictive. I now spend my spare time googling hoop dance and checking out new moves, kind of the same way my man and his buddies watch skate and snow board videos.

Which brings me to this blog, I will post a play list of my fav songs to hoop too, as well as videos I find on the web.

I HOOP you enjoy!!

My name is Stacey, Word!

1 comment:

  1. this is a perfect site of Hoop Dance DVD by inform the crelebrities of Hoop Dance from dvd.

    ReplyDelete